Our Estate Planning Services
Using different methods and handling all aspects of estate planning, Harris & Bowker LLP customizes your estate plan to fit your needs, whether you have a complex estate in need of extensive tax planning or a simple estate.
Our goal is to provide you and your loved ones peace of mind in carrying out your wishes.
Estate planning includes more than just deciding what happens to your assets after death. We can help structure a plan for lifetime gifting, using your assets during your lifetime; helping with future gift and estate planning. We also prepare documents that address your healthcare and medical needs throughout your lifetime.
We have extensive experience with same-sex couple estate planning.
We also assist clients in dealing with transfer of businesses and real property to ease ownership and operation after death.
Tools we use include:
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Advance Directives
- General Durable Powers of Attorney for Financial Matters
- HIPAA Authorizations to allow your named agents access to your medical condition
- Lifetime Gifting Programs
- Business Succession Planning
- Family Limited Partnerships & Family Limited Liability Companies
- Pet Trusts
Consider these questions when you consult an attorney regarding estate planning:
- What assets do you own?
- Do you currently have an estate plan? If so, what does it contain?
- Where and to whom do you want your assets to go upon your death; how should they receive them: outright or over time?
- Do you have real property in multiple states?
- What documents exist that tell others your wishes in regards to medical care and your finances?
- If you own a business, what will happen to the business on your death? Will it continue to operate?
- Is there a plan for the future welfare and education of your children on your death?