Our Business Planning Services
Harris & Bowker LLP serves new, emerging and mature businesses with special emphasis on family-owned and closely-held entities. We have extensive experience working with business clients on routine matters, long range planning and succession planning strategies.
Our experience extends to limited liability companies, C and S corporations, partnerships and other business forms.
We advise clients on all aspects of entity and business formation, relations between owners, agreements with key employees, relationships with lessors, customers, suppliers and distributors as well as day-to-day business matters.
We assist business owners in planning for transfer of ownership to succeeding generations, selling the business or expanding by acquiring other businesses. Our firm is active in representing founders in succession planning. We are experienced in representing both sellers and buyers of businesses.
Services we provide:
- Develop and organize companies, including the formation of limited liability companies, corporations, partnerships and subsidiaries
- Advise about shareholder rights and remedies
- Negotiate various contracts, including buy-sell agreements and similar arrangements
- Structure, negotiate and document business transactions, including loans and leases
- Structure and document non-qualified and management incentive programs, such as phantom stock plans and other incentive programs
- Structure, negotiate and document business acquisitions and sales
- Prepare Annual Minutes, maintain corporate records and act as Registered Agent
We work with clients and their tax advisors to determine and optimize tax-effective strategies. A crucial part of this function is ensuring entity documents comport with how the business operates.